Uttarakhand is a place with huge diversity of the state where snow-clad mountains, fertile valleys, green hills, flowing rivers and booming lakes add to the natural beauty. Uttarakhand is a region of wonderful natural beauty. Uttarakhand has been divided into 13 districts of Pithoragarh, Champavat, Nainital, Almora, Bageshwar, Uttarkashi, Udham Singh Nagar, Dehradun, Chamoli, Pauri, Rudraprayag, Tehri Garhwal and Haridwar. The majority of the northern parts of the state is piece of Greater Himalaya ranges, sheltered by the high Himalayan peaks and glaciers, while the minor foothills were densely wooded till denuded by the British log merchants and forest contractor after freedom.
Some of the important cultural groups that form a division of the culture of Uttarakhand are:
• Char Dham- the four shrines of Badrinath, Kedarnath Gangotri and Yamunotri.
• Panch Prayag- the five sacred `sangams'' of the river at Karnaprayag, Vishnuprayag, Nandprayag, Rudraprayag and Devprayag.
• Haridwar and Rishikesh are Hinduism’s most prominent destinations for pilgrims.
People of Uttarakhand:
In this background, it can be supposed that the populace of Uttarakhand are also familiar as Garhwali or Kumaoni; some of them are also recognized as Paharis.
Jaunsari, Buksha, Bhotia, Tharu, Raji.
• Devidhura Mela, Nanda Devi Mela, Ardh Kumbh Mela.
• Kumbh Mela, Gauchar Mela, Purnagiri Mela etc.
• Pasant panchmi, Nandadevi, Makar Sankranti, Ganga Dussehra / Dasara, Olgia /Ghee Sankranti, Phool Dei.
• Hill Jatra, Janopunya Khatarua, Bat Savitri, Chhipla jaat, Kumaon Holi, Kandali.
Chhopati, Chounphula, Jhumeila, Basanti, Mangal, Puja Folk Songs etc.
Barada Nati, Langvir Nritya, Pandav Nritya etc.
• Kafuli, Fannah, Baadi Ras.
• Bhatt Ki Churdkani, Arsa, Gulgula etc.
Talking about the society of Uttarakhand, we can start with the people of Uttarakhand. Uttarakhand houses seven special ethnic groups, having as lots of as seven different cultures. Adventure-lovers, nature-wildlife enthusiasts, honeymooners, bird-watchers, mountaineers-trekkers, spirituality-seekers and devotees- Uttarakhand has something for everybody.